It’s a story as old as time: despite the odds, the under-dog triumphs to become a world-wide success. This old adage has just been proven to be true again, as technology mogul Larry Ellison is on track to become the world’s third-richest man, a remarkable feat considering his humble beginnings. With his stake in the Oracle Corporation, Ellison is certainly not a rookie to success, and his success is indicative of his unwavering dedication and drive.
1. Larry Ellison’s Climb to theTop
Dawn of the Beginnings
Larry Ellison was born in the small town of Brooklyn, New York. It never occurred to him or to anyone else around him that one day he would become one of the world’s most famous business titans. In 1966, just out of college, Larry relocated to California with a dream; of starting his own business. With sheer grit and determination, he kept working towards his dream and eventually achieved success.
Start of the Climb
With a shrewd business acumen, Larry started his journey towards the apex. In 1977, he founded a software development firm called Oracle, turning it into one of the world’s most profitable tech companies. Over the next few years, Larry had his sights set firmly on becoming one of the top earners, and he managed to achieve much acclaim. Here are a few of the highlights of his career journey:
- Listed in the top 5 wealthiest men in the world by Forbes.
- Became the highest-paid executive of the decade in 2010.
- Witnessed the growth of Oracle’s share value from $10.75 to $160.
- Oracle’s market cap is now more than $180 billion.
Larry Ellison’s remarkable story is a classic example of how hard work, ambition and dedication pays off in the long run. He is truly an inspiration to a countless numbers of people around the world aspiring to make it big.
2. Riding the Oracle Upward
It’s no lie, riding Oracle’s rocket ship can be an exhilarating experience. But it is also quite the challenge. Rising up with Oracle is no small feat and requires one to be equal parts confident and introspective. Here are a few things to consider when taking the ride:
- Take a Moment to Reflect on the Big Picture: Ask yourself what the journey is actually meant for and if the risk is worth taking. There is no reason to get ahead of yourself and it’s always important to take a step back and think about why and where you are going.
- Know What You’re Working With: Oracle is a fast-moving platform. Keep informed on the latest updates and make sure you are aware of any changes on the platform. It’s essential to stay knowledgeable and up-to-date when dealing with the Oracle engine.
- Be Open to New Opportunities: Don’t let this journey be a purely financial one. Embrace the learning experiences that come with Oracle, and have an open mind as to what you can get from the journey.
Riding Oracle’s rocket ship comes with great promise. Done correctly, it can bring you success and open a whole new world of possibilities. Just make sure that you have planned out your journey and know what you are working with. With the right strategy, you can soar above the clouds with Oracle.
3. Oracle’s Newfound Riches
Since Oracle’s acquisition of NetSuite in 2016, the tech giant has skyrocketed to new heights of financial success. Oracle’s net income for fiscal year 2019 was more than double their 2017 net income, even after adjusting for the NetSuite acquisition. This newfound wealth has enabled Oracle to diversify their investments, with a particular focus on cloud computing technology.
The company’s broadened portfolio includes some of their most profitable initiatives, such as:
- Internet of Things services
- Managed cloud computing infrastructure
Each of these solutions increases the appeal of Oracle for business customers, positioning the company for further growth in the years to come. Oracle’s newfound financial success has enabled them to make strategic investments in new technologies and services which will help set them apart from other tech companies and keep them competitive in the ever-changing tech world.
4. Larry Ellison Poised to be World’s Third-Richest Man
Oracle founder, Larry Ellison, is rapidly becoming one of the world’s wealthiest people. According to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, he is now the fourth-richest person on the planet, just behind the likes of Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, and Warren Buffett.
And as of press time, he was also poised to become the world’s third-richest man, with his $66.2 billion estimated net worth closely following Bezos and Gates. What’s more, this could potentially place him ahead of legendary investor Buffett’s estimated net worth of $65.4 billion.
- Impressive Record: Ellison’s impressive run on the Bloomberg Billionaires Index comes as no surprise, as he has consistently ranked among the world’s wealthiest for years.
- Lifetime Achievements: He was known as one of the most innovative leaders in the tech industry during his tenure as CEO of Oracle Corporation before his retirement in 2014.
- Never-Ending Success: Ellison’s success looks like it’s here to stay, as Oracle shares keep steadily rising and the tech mogul continues to make clever investments and business ventures.
There can be no doubt that Oracle’s continued success will make Larry Ellison one of the most influential figures in international business. His new found wealth will surely mean higher levels of opportunity and success for Oracle and its subsidiaries. With such predictions, it will be interesting to see how Oracle will continue to grow and develop its ability to shape global markets.