Arm, the world leader in advanced microprocessor technology, is in the midst of a historic event: its public listing is set to break records. As the company embarks on its journey to becoming a publicly-traded entity, investors worldwide are watching closely and eagerly awaiting what this could mean for the future. In the weeks ahead, we will explore the implications of Arm’s historic listing and provide an insight into what the public investing world can expect.
1. A Decade of Disruption: Arm’s Historic Public Listing
The last decade has seen some significant changes in the technology industry, but perhaps no development has been as momentous as the public listing of Arm Holdings in 2009. Here is a look at the history of this pioneering move, and some of its implications:
The move was a landmark in the technology industry, as it made Arm Holdings, a 12-year-old technology company, a publicly traded company on the London Stock Exchange. It was a major player due to the fact that Arm chips are ubiquitous in consumer electronics, used for everything from routers to mobile devices and consumer appliances. The effects were felt far and wide, as the public listing increased the visibility and global reach of the company and its products.
The listing also had the effect of disrupting the technology industry, as it opened up the market to more entrants and created new challenges for the sector. Innovators began to leverage the new opportunities in the sector, and competition for market share increased sharply. As a result, many companies had to rethink their strategies and invest more heavily in R&D to stay competitive.
Even though the listing was only a decade ago, its effects are still felt in the industry today. Arm Holdings’ products have become even more prevalent, and newcomers have become more diverse, creating an even more lively and competitive technology sector.
- It has certainly been an exciting 10 years, and one could argue it was largely set in motion by the Arm public listing.
- It is clear that this move has had far-reaching ramifications, and will continue to shape the technology industry for years to come.
2. Examining Arm’s Success: Reinvigorating the Tech Industry
Upon examination, Arm’s success is hard to ignore – in the financial year of 2018, Arm’s net income was £460 million. Founded in 1990, this semiconductor and software design company now finds itself at the top of the tech industry. It’s success shouldn’t come as a surprise; the company has made a great effort to revolutionize the industry by:
- Developing innovative software: Arm’s creation of new software technology and processes has enabled it to stay a step ahead of its competitors. For instance, the company has developed the Corelink range of ARM processors, which provide more optimized performance.
- Getting involved with industry-leading partners: Arm’s partnerships with industry stalwarts like Apple, Nvidia and Qualcomm have led to various successful collaborations. Most notably, its Cortex-A chip found in Apple phones since 2013 has been extremely popular in the market and continues to be a big money spinner.
Clearly the company is in healthy financial shape. But more than just representing a great business opportunity, Arm’s impressive success has also provided a renewed sense of motivation in the tech industry. By staying ahead of its competitors and providing innovative and quality products, Arm has set a high bar for the tech industry to aim for.
3. Unprecedented Growth: Arm’s Unstoppable Climb
Arm is surely having a run of their life with growth curve smashing records, far from any of its major competitors. Due to its prowess in the semiconductor space, the company has been steadily rising through the ranks to power almost every device in the market.
Some standout facts about Arm’s Growth:
- Arm has earned the #1 spot from Bloomberg’s inaugural Fab50 list
- It was in businesses with growth up to 107% YOY
- CEO Simon Segars sums up the company success by the numbers: they are now over 5,000 engineers strong and have grown revenues by 400 percent
This incredible growth story is due to Arm’s relentless focus on expanding its reach into new segments while also innovating in existing markets. Arm’s dedication to getting ever-closer to its customers has allowed them to find ever-increasing value in existing markets and create successful relationships with new partners. In addition, Arm has also been investing heavily in AI, developing new partnerships with industry-leading companies such as Microsoft Azure, making them prime players in the semiconductor landscape.
4. Celebrating Achievements: The Market Previews Arm’s Future
The continuous progression of technology has ushered in a new era for robotics, with an industry currently in rapid growth. The market previews an exciting and accessible future where people can purchase, use, and enjoy a variety of advanced robotic products. Looking to the near future, we’re likely to see a rise in retail-ready robots that simplify the lives of their owners.
It’s incredible to witness the strides the robotics industry has made in the past few years, and to witness the public’s eager adoption of the technology. In particular, we’re seeing a notable increase in the number and variety of robots intended for home and leisure use. Here are some of the major achievements we’re celebrating:
- Robots designed to interact and develop relationships with their owners
- Robots that monitor, collect data, and form basic observations of their environment
- New robotics platforms that open the door to further development of technical skill sets
Ultimately, these advances prove that the boundary between humans and robots is growing increasingly thin – with robots soon to become a household staple. We should remain excited about the potential of robotics in the future, and encourage continual progress.
As the saying goes, giants stand tall. And with its upcoming public listing, ARM Holdings is absolutely the biggest giant in the game. It looks set to break records, hit milestones and create history that will go beyond its own expectations. It’s an incredible story of ambition and daring, one that will set a new standard for companies to follow. There is no telling what the future may bring, but for now, ARM Holdings is ready to make the world take notice.